- To develop student skills, techniques and art of capturing the essence of a story in a photograph.
- Standard seven (vii) and above
- 14 years of Age and above
- Work Experience: NIL
- Instructor: Kasuma Nchimbi
- Students: 400
- Duration: 8 weeks
COMPETENCE OF THE COURSE
- Discuss the history and ethical issues that define
photojournalism today and be able to articulate those
ideas in regard to specific example
- Demonstration mastery of using a digital camera to
produce images for class assignments that are ready for
publication in professional media.
- Create compelling images that communicate the
intended massage with accurate captions.
- To snap professional picture according to the nature of
event editing: Shooting to a theme, editing and layout.
- Introduction to Photojournalism
- Digital Cameras (hands-on operation, aperture, shutter
- CAMERA BASICS: types and applications
- EXPOSURE and metering: using the shutter and aperture
- LENSES and filters: types and applications
- IMPROVING PHOTO CONTENT: light, composition, etc.
- VISUAL PERSPECTIVES: learning to see.
- PORTRAIT: techniques.
- NEWS/FEATURES: assignments, deadlines and captions
- ETHICS and LEGALITIES: public/private access,
juveniles, dead bodies etc.
- EDITING: shooting to a theme, editing and layout.
- PHOTO STORY-editing, captions, layout, etc.